Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Why We Crave Horor Movies
This essay by Stephen King is another one of my favorites. I've read this essay numerous times already and it never gets old. This is by far one of the best written essays I know. The use of all of the persuasive appeals (Logos, Pathos, and Ethos) makes this essay just grab you by your gut and pull you in. The audience is narrowed to people that watch horror flicks, but still nabs the attention of anyone that may read the first few lines. With an opening line of "I think that we're all mentally ill", how can you miss? I'm not one to read Stephen King novels and even I think this essay should be read to every class from 9th grade up to a students senior year in college. I won't even give a synopsis of the essay, go out and read it, it's just plain good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment